Between 1912 and the early 1950s the castle was being used an extension to the farming activity on the estate and parts were convered as accommodation for workers and also storage for fruit and vegtables on the upper floors.

Due to increased staff activity a modern toilet was added on the ground floor between the original kitchen and barrel vault.

The toilet is extremely basic and was also utilised for the public when the castle was open for tours in the 1970s and early 1980s, but since then it has not been used and remains a relic of the times.
© 1999 - 2021